Syllabus for the competitive examination Paper-2 and Paper-3 for recruitment to the posts of Assistant/ Second Division Assistants in Karnataka State Civil Services
The examination will consist of two written papers, namely,-
Paper-2: General English or General Kannada
Paper-3: General Knowledge
- The maximum marks for each paper will be 100. The questions in both the papers will be “Objective Multiple Choice Type”. The duration for each paper will be 1½ hours.
- The paper on General English or General Kannada will normally conform to the minimum standard expected of a student who has passed the P.U.C. Examination. It is intended to test candidate’s knowledge of English/Kannada grammar, vocabulary, spelling, synonyms, antonyms, his power to understand and comprehend English/Kannada language and his ability to discriminate between correct and incorrect usage, etc.,
- The candidates may select either the paper on General English or the paper on General Kannada.
- The paper on General Knowledge will normally conform to the minimum standard relating to General Knowledge, expected of a student who has passed P.U.C.Examination and will cover questions on the
- Constitution of India,
- Indian History and Culture,
- General and Economic Geography of India,
- Current Events,
- Every day science and such matters of everyday observation as may be expected of an educated person.